No Compromise in MR Safety
The more high-field scanners are installed, the number of MR system related accidents, caused by the presence of ferromagnetic materials, has increased. This, as well as the growing number of scans globally, means there is a higher risk. Precautions must be taken to protect patients, hospital staff and MR scanners.
There exists an increasing threat that patients who have ferromagnetic materials inside their body, perhaps from a past procedure or otherwise, could be asked to take part in an MR examination. It is also possible that small personal items could be forgotten about by the patient or missed during a screening process. If the danger is not recognized, it could result in serious injury, including death, and severe damage to the MR scanner.
Hospitals are busy environments, with a large rotating workforce and of course the general public. The risk of an untrained person entering the MRI room exists. This could lead to a simple mistake causing a potentially dangerous accident.
MAGGUARD is equipped with high-sensitive MI sensors.
The MI sensor has been developed by Fujidenolo. The patented MI sensor technology is based on the magneto-impedance effect and is capable of detecting a Pico Tesla level change in the magnetic field, which is difficult with other existing technologies.
It can detect ferromagnetic material within a 2m radius thanks to the high sensitive sensor technology.
- Easy to Install
- Functional, yet Beautiful with human-centered design
- Fujidenolo always considers aesthetics as well as practicality.
It is NOT SAFE to take ferromagnetic objects into an MRI room.
More than 10,000 accidents occur in MRI rooms across the world each year. International societies and organizations, including the following, recommend or have spoken positively about the installation of ferromagnetic detectors.
■American College of Radiology
ACR Guidance Document for Safe MR Practices: 2007
■The Joint Commission
Sentinel Event Alert #38 on MRI accidents
■US Veterans Affairs
MRI Design Guide: April 2008
|Detection Range ：||2.0m radius with adjustable audio alarm|
|Power Supply ：||100-240VAC|
|Weight approx. ：||13Kg|
※MAGGUARD is not a medical device but it is to be installed in the medical environment and Fujidenolo understands that it is important to conform to IEC60601-1-2 electromagnetic compatibility for ME equipment.
- Ferromagnetic material detectors should be used IN ADDITION to the MRI screening process that each facility already has in place. Do not intend to replace the current screening methods with MAGGUARD. Ferromagnetic material detectors do NOT detect the presence of ALL metal materials.
- The detection range may vary depending upon the surrounding environment. The detection capability could be reduced by the presence of magnetized materials and others.
- The specifications and contents of this web site are subject to change without notice.